Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Tomato Pie

I ran across an image of tomato pie while browsing the internet, and though I had never heard of it before, I thought it sounded good. I looked at several recipes, and I have an issue cooking with mayonnaise, so I adjusted to suit my taste.


 Ingredients:

4 Large Tomatoes, sliced.
1 Refrigerated pie crust
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 Cups  Cheese, shredded
1/2 Cup  Sour cream mixed with 1 Tsp Garlic powder, and 1/2 Tsp  Italian Seasoning
1/4 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ยบ

1. Place sliced tomatoes between sheets of paper towel, stack between several layers of newspaper ,  or between kitchen towels. Tomatoes are juicy, and need to be well drained. About 20 minutes.

2. In a bowl, combine 1 cup of cheese, sour cream , spices, and bread crumbs, set aside.

3. Place pie crust into pie pan, bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.

 4. Place 1/2 cup of cheese into bottom of  pie crust.

5.Add a single layer of tomatoes to pie sprinkle with  garlic and seasoning, add another layer of tomatoes, again sprinkle with garlic and season, repeat until tomato slices are gone.






6. Top  with  cheese mixture, spread evenly across the top.

Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.



I didn't have the cheese on the bottom in this picture, if you don't, it will be soggy.





*
Tomato Pie with Onion Cheddar Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment