I came up with this recipe a few years ago, and my husband loves it. Chicken coated in cheerios, it may seem weird, buuut....
|Helping crush the cheerios. Takes forever.|
1 Pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into strips
1/2 Cup Flour
2 Tsp Seasoned Salt
1 Egg, beaten
2 Cups Honey Nut Cheerios
1/2 cup BBQ sauce ( or any kind of sauce you would like)
Oil for frying
1. In a deep edged pan, or fryer, heat oil to 350º
2. Place cheerios in a bowl, crush until it's in course pieces.
|About how they should look.|
3. Dredge chicken in flour, tap off excess.
4. Dip chicken pieces into egg
5. Transfer chicken into bowl with crushed up cheerios, shake until all pieces are coated with cheerios.
6. Place chicken into heated oil, fry for about 7 minutes each side.(keep an eye on it, you don't want to start a fire) * place chicken onto a cookie sheet, and keep in a warm oven until all the chicken is cooked.
|I love my cast iron skillet for pretty much anything.|
|Chicken should be golden on each side.|
|Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ|