Cakes don't happen often around here, usually just birthdays, the rest of the time, we make cookies or brownies around here. I had to look up a vanilla cake recipe, and adjust it to the way I would like it.
Makes 2 Dozen
3 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
5.1 Oz Package Instant Vanilla Pudding, dry -one tablespoon set aside for frosting*
3 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
1 1/4 Cup Milk
3 Tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
Preheat oven to 350º
1. In a Large bowl, put in flour, sugar, instant pudding mix, baking powder, and salt, mix thoroughly.
2. In a small bowl, add the the eggs, milk, vanilla, and oil, whisk until blended.
3. Slowly add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients, whisk until they have all just come together, if you over-beat the batter, it will result in a chewy, less delicious cupcake. Batter will be very thick.
5. Put cocoa powder in bowl, and stir into remaining batter.
I made my own butter cream frosting, for that you need
2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened.
3 - 4 Tablespoons Milk
1 Pound powdered sugar.
1 Tbsp Instant pudding.
3 Tsp Vanilla
Food Coloring if desired.
1. In a large bowl, place butter, pudding mix, milk, (coloring), and vanilla, whisk until incorporated.
2. Slowly add powdered sugar, stirring gently, powdered sugar easily makes a mess.
3. Take an electric hand mixer, and begin to further mix the frosting, turn to highest setting, mix until fluffy!
Use a knife to frost, or get all fancy, and place into a piping bag with a decorative tip.
|Strawberry sauce to make it more spooky for Halloween.|