I made these bad boys last year for Halloween. They're based off of a "Lofthouse" cookie knock off recipe, but I used a ganache to top the cookies, because it's more fitting for Halloween. My kids couldn't get enough of them.
6 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup (2 Sticks) Butter, softened.
2 Cups Sugar
3 Tsp Vanilla
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cups Sour Cream
Food Coloring ( I used neon purple, and neon orange gel food coloring)
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla, mixed until well blended.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl, mixed until incorporated.
4.Divide dough in half, and mix a singular color into dough. Such as adding purple into one mound of dough, and orange into the other mound of dough . Cover doughs in plastic wrap.
5. Refrigerate doughs for two hours .
6. Remove plastic wrap, and individually roll dough into 13x9 rectangle, place one sheet of dough onto the other, and roll length wise.
7. Refrigerate rolled dough covered in plastic wrap while oven preheats to 425º
8. Slice cookies to 1/4" thickness, you may need to reshape them back to circles, place on greased cookie sheets , make sure cookies are about 2 inches apart from each other.
9. Bake for 7 -9 minutes, until bottoms are slightly golden. You don't want to over cook these. Let cookies cool completely.
10. Once Cookies are cooled, make the ganache, you do that by microwaving chips and cream in a glass bowl until smooth.
11. Spoon and smooth ganache over the cookies, allow to cool, and serve.
Enjoy! I know I did.