|Onion Cheddar Chicken with an herbed pumpkin sauce, tomato pie, and mashed potatoes.|
I saw a recipe for Ritz cheddar chicken on Pinterest, I made it ,and it was okay. I felt it needed something, but what? Frenches onions, of course!
2 Chicken breast, cut in half.
1/3 cup flour
1 Egg, beaten.
1 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded.
1 Cup Frenches Onions, crushed.
1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs. Combine with crushed onions.
1/2 Cup Cream of Chicken
1/2 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1 Tsp Dry Ranch Mix
Preheat oven to 400º
1. Dredge chicken in flour, shake off excess.
2. Dip chicken into beaten egg.
3. Coat chicken with 1/4 cup of cheese. Make sure it's sticking to the chicken
4. Bread chicken with onion and bread crumb mixture , press onto chicken to ensure it stays. Place chicken onto a cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Make sauce while it cools.
6. To make sauce, combine all the ingredients into sauce pan ,mix, and cook on medium heat until hot. Pour over chicken.