Serves 4 - 6
2 Large Potatoes, peeled, and cubed.
3 Cups Water.
4 Tbsp. Butter.
1 Onion, diced.
1 1/2 Cups Kale, chopped.
4 Slices Bacon, chopped.
1 Cup Cream of Chicken Soup *
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Sour Cream.
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded.
1 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder.
1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
4 Cups Milk
1. In a large pot, put potatoes in with water, cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender. Do NOT drain, follow other instructions while the potatoes cook.
2. In a small skillet, melt butter on medium heat, add onions and bacon, cook onions until they become slightly golden brown. Add to potatoes
|Golden, not burnt. |
4. Add remaining ingredients , minus the milk, into the pot with the potatoes, whisk until cheese has incorporated into the soup.
5. Slowly add milk into the pot, cook until the soup is hot.
You may top the soup with some extra cheese, and a dollop of sour cream, if you'd like. Enjoy!
* I make my own cream of chicken soup, it tastes much better than the stuff out of a can