Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Loaded Potato Pumpkin Soup.

 I couldn't decide what kind of soup I wanted to make - loaded potato soup, or pumpkin soup.  I
 usually want one more than the other, but I could not decide to save my life, so I combined them!

Serves  4 - 6


Ingredients:
2 Large Potatoes, peeled, and cubed.
3 Cups Water.
4 Tbsp. Butter.
1 Onion, diced.
1 1/2 Cups Kale, chopped.
4 Slices Bacon, chopped.
1 Cup Cream of Chicken Soup *
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Sour Cream.
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded.
1 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder.
1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
4 Cups Milk

1. In a large pot, put potatoes in with water, cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender. Do NOT drain, follow other instructions while the potatoes cook.
2.  In a small skillet,  melt butter on medium heat, add onions and bacon, cook onions until they become slightly golden brown.   Add to potatoes



Golden, not burnt.


3. In the skillet you used to cook the onion, place in the bacon on medium heat for about 5 minutes, add  kale, cover the  skillet and cook for another 10 minutes, add to pot.

4. Add remaining ingredients , minus the milk, into the pot with the potatoes, whisk until cheese has incorporated into the soup.

5. Slowly add milk into the pot, cook until the soup is hot.









You may top the soup with some extra cheese, and a dollop of sour cream, if you'd like. Enjoy!









* I make my own cream of chicken soup, it tastes much better than the stuff out of a can

No comments:

Post a Comment