Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Peppermint Mocha Iced Coffee

       Wow, it has been a while, yet again, since we have posted anything on  here, guess it's been busy.   I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving? I'm still eating leftovers.   My son was sick yesterday,  and I hadn't cleaned all weekend, so my house is a disaster.  I needed to energize, and I was feeling festive, so I made a peppermint mocha iced coffee. I'm too lazy, and too broke to run to Starbucks every five minutes, so I try to make most of my coffee at home.







Ingredients:

4 Cups hot  brewed coffee
Ice
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Dark cocoa powder
2 Tbsp York Sundae Syrup
1 Tbsp Heavy Cream ( or 1/4 cup milk) (Optional)
Whipped Cream (Optional)


Directions:

1. In a large mason jar, fill 3/4 of the way  with ice, put syrup, sugar, and cocoa powder on top of ice.
2. Slowly  pour in the  coffee, stirring with a long spoon. Stir until most of ice is melted, and coffee is cold.
3. Add cream or milk if desired.
4. Pour into a glass , top with whipped cream, and drizzle additional syrup if desired.

Serves 3 - 4, or just one, if you're really into coffee.

Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment