Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Alfredo Sauce

         I love cheese, and any time I go to  Olive Garden, I always get Alfredo. I dip my bread sticks in it, I have it on my chicken, I drink it out of the bowl.  Mostly, I make it at home, and I have been for years. I don't have to wait 20 minutes to sit down, just to wait another 40 minutes to get my food, and it's much more cost effective.



Ingredients:

1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded. Don't be lazy, buy a wedge and grate it yourself.
1/2 Stick Butter
4 Tbsp Flour
3+ Cups Milk
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper, if desired.

Directions:

1. In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium heat until slightly browned.



2. Add flour and garlic, whisk until incorporated.




3. Add 1/4 of the cheese , slowly add in 1/2 the milk


4.  Add remainder of cheese , and slowly  add the rest of the milk, whisk until  cheese has melted, you may need to add additonal milk if you see fit.
Saaaaaaauce.



Serve on top of noodles with  seasoned chicken, and bread sticks.



Serves 4 - 6




No comments:

Post a Comment