Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cornbread Chicken with Mesquite Ranch



       Often times, my recipes kind of pop into my head. If I have no idea what I want  for dinner, I will browse the internet, or ask people what they are having, and come up with an idea of my own. It often works out in my taste buds favor.

     My Cornbread chicken is one of the recipes that just sort of popped into my head.



  Mesquite Ranch:
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp Milk
1 Tsp Hot Sauce
1 Tsp Dry Ranch mix *
1/2 Tsp Mesquite seasoning.

Mix ingredients together until well blended, cover, and let it sit in the fridge for one hour +







Cornbread Chicken:
2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half.
2 cups Already made cornbread  that has been crumbled up.
1/4 Cup  Mesquite Ranch in a separate bowl.


1. Preheat oven to 400º
2. Mix chicken with mesquite ranch until it covers all of it.
3.  Bread chicken with cornbread.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.

 Allow the chicken to cool for  5 - 10 minutes, plate the chicken, and spoon some of the remaining mesquite ranch on top.








* You can use a ranch packet, but I make my own dry ranch seasoning. It makes me feel better.

  Dry Ranch Mix:

1    Tsp. Dried Parsley
1   Tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp. Seasoned Salt
1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
1/4 Tsp. Dill
1/8 Tsp. Dried Thyme


No comments:

Post a Comment